Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Jill's costume factory

I'm off to a late start this year as far as costume-making goes.  But today I knocked out two of them.   

If you know nothing else about our family, you should know that we love gingerbread.  Not sick gingerbread like most people make.  But really good gingerbread that I make.  We make gingerbread cookies all year long, and the kids have always loved to be read The Gingerbread Man story.  It's sort of an obsession at our house.  Plus, we like the part about "Run, run as fast as you can."  Because that's what we do.  We run.  As fast as we can.
We also love Mary Poppins. Maybe not ALL of my kids, but most of them love it.  I watched the movie at least 400 times as a kid, and my kids watch it a lot.   I have every word memorized, and I sing the songs quite frequently.  So naturally Savanna wanted to be Mary Poppins for Halloween.  This costume was more just gathering things we already had (the hat, the bag, the coat, the umbrella, the scarf).  I bought a yard of gray fabric to make an easy elastic-waist skirt, and we bought a spray of daisies to attach to the hat.

 Who wants to play Tidy Up The Nursery?

1 comment:

troutdalite said...

saw two Mary Poppins costume posts yesterday. LOVE Savanna's! Here's the other foofy one...http://www.makeit-loveit.com/2011/10/halloween-costumes-2011-mary-poppins.html