Friday, October 14, 2011

A costume classic

I have been trying to get all the pictures from old computers all centralized, and I found these treasures from Halloween 2005 today.

We had a Star Wars theme, and I know there are pictures somewhere of Abram as Han Solo.  I didn't make his costume, though.  It was just some goodwill pants, vest and shirt I modified.  Jacob was Darth Vader, which was just a black jumpsuit and cape I made with a purchased helmet from Christmas the year before.

 But this Yoda creation is all my own.
 I used a pattern for the cloak, and created a little green dress for him to wear under the cloak.  The hood was a creation.  I used a basic hood pattern, but between the layers I put a layer of batting so I could stitch the wrinkles into the forehead and ears.  I tried my best on the ear shape, but I think it turned out pretty dang cute.  Especially because Joel is so cute.

For Princess Leia, there was a pattern fortunately.  It was super easy to make, and I wish you could see the sweet hood on the back.  I splurged and bought a wig for Aubrey as the fabric and pattern for her costume ran about $8.
Our costume collection is a mixture of home-made and Disney clearance.  This  Marie costume I got for $10 one year after Halloween.  Savanna has always loved The Aristocats (all the kids have, in fact).  So I couldn't pas sup on this cute little Marie.  We love the movie Aristocats, but we hate real cats.  How is that possible?



No comments: