Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Fictional family fantasy

I don't have a lot of magazine subscriptions, but one magazine that I do get in the mail is Real Simple.  I was flipping through the new issue today and there was one section that caught my eye.

"What fictional family would you like to join?"
I love my family.  Both the family I grew up in and the one I have now are actually perfect and I wouldn't change a thing.  But sometimes it is fun to answer a brainless question in a magazine, right?

Some people had sent in insane answers.  A couple of people had pretty good ones.  But nobody had my answers.  And here they are in no particular order.

I would love to be in the Cleaver family.  Those boys were funny and wild and so darn lovable.  And I want to be June Cleaver.  Really, I do.  I want to pack lunches and cook breakfast each morning, clean the house all day, look fabulous in a shirt-waist dress and heels and greet everyone with a kiss when they come home in the afternoon.  And then at night I want to sit and knit after the day's hard work is done.  Leave It To Beaver is our family's favorite show.  It makes us laugh out loud.  We are really strange, I know.

 My second answer would be the Finch family.  My own dad is pretty much the cat's pajamas, but Atticus Finch is the best dad in literature.  I'd love to be Scout and have such a wise, honorable, take-no-crap-from-anyone but be-kind-to-everyone dad.

My last answer would be the Cartwrights.  I love Bonanza.  Seriously, why didn't they have a little sister? Horses are the only animals that don't totally gross me out, and I look so good in hats so I would fit right in.  I would love to be a Cartwright with those big tough brothers.  Plus, they had such a cool house!  Who wouldn't want to live at the Ponderosa?


So those are my answers.  What are yours?

No comments: