Monday, December 17, 2007

Joel


This boy rocks. He can make me laugh like noone else. He always finds humor in any situation. Never mean humor or making fun of somebody--just witty, smart, hilariousness. He was terribly bored at the public school he had been attending, and this year we were lucky to get him into a charter school near our house. He has thrived there. After 2 weeks of school, one night I was tucking him in bed and he said, "Mom, I just never knew that school could be so fun!" He wakes up early each morning, practices the piano, and makes his lunch, and can hardly wait for 8:15 to come so we can go to school. His teacher loves him almost as much as I do.

Joel has a collection of blankets he sleeps with each night. 3 are from great-grandmas, and one is from my mom. He has to have the one my mom made on the top of the stack each night, and he can tell in the dark if you've put it upside down, because he feels the yarn ties with his hand. He is sentimentally attached to anything he ever played with, wore or owned. I have to make the trek to the DI truck very covertly, or Joel will cry for days.


Joel's hair is like a dandelion gone to seed. It is pure white, very soft and grows straight out from his head. It is so soft. I don't let it grow very long, because he would just be a giant puff-ball.

No comments: