Sunday, December 23, 2007

We are a happy family


This picture was taken over Thanksgiving weekend. My mom took all of us to get a big family photo taken, and then we made the most of the experience by having our own family pic. The last time we did this was at JC Penney in Omaha when Abram was 1 and Aubrey was a baby. My mom bribed all the kids (her own and the grandkids) with Hires for lunch and bowling if we all behaved for the picture. Needless to say, we were all on our best behavior. Who could possibly wiggle with the promise of a Big H and a frosty mug of rootbeer, followed by the only sport (?) I am even close to good at.
The only little glitch that came up was in the wardroble department. We were all supposed to wear DARK jeans, and a dark fall-colored shirt. So I packed each person's darkest pair of jeans in his or her bag, and I kept all of their new shirts in my suitcase.
Apparently Noah went through his bag before we loaded up the car. This boy loves to wear camo pants. He also thinks that the best thing to wear with camo pants is a striped shirt. He does not wear jeans. He has his khaki pants he has to wear for his school uniform, and his camo pants for weekends. He does have a pair of jeans--nearly unworn--in his drawer. So of course, when he went through is bag before we left home, he pulled out the dark jeans, without me noticing. I can just picture him looking through the bag and saying, "That crazy Mom. She knows I don't like to wear jeans, so I'll pack this extra pair of camo pants instead."
Picture time came, and I assembled everyone's jeans and new shirt to put on as they exited the bathtub. However, Noah's jeans were not in his bag. We went with the only option available. The photographer said they could touch it up and make his pants look like denim. However, I am not only too cheap to pay $100 for that, but also I think it will always be a fabulous reminder of Noah and his sense of 6-year-old fashion.

1 comment:

kristy said...

What a great picture. The camo pants only make it better. It's amazing that everyone is looking at the camera and smiling!