Tuesday, December 18, 2007

There is no try


I went to the post office to buy some stamps for Christmas cards. I had used up my stash of Jimmy Stewart and Star Wars stamps on the first half of the cards, and I needed more. I needed something exciting. I looked at the usual selection of religious and non-religious Christmas stamps. Neither type did anything for me. I have been discouraged since they discontinued the Ronald Reagan stamp when postage went up earlier this year.


Then what to my wondering eyes should appear, but a little green man with two green pointy ears?


Could this be true? Yoda has been my favorite since I was about 8. So I bought a stack of these stamps, and for the first time since Ronald Reagan graced my cards and bills, I feel complete. If I weren't such a cheapskate, I would discontinue my online billpay for the joy of putting yoda stamps on envelopes. But, as they say, money talks. I'll have to save these for special occasions. They are now the official stamp of Troutdale Dental, however.

No comments: