Monday, September 1, 2008

Back in the US


We're home. We had a beautiful week and a half in Alberta, Canada. I cannot believe the mountains there. It was a little cold, but we were prepared, so it wasn't bad.

I have lots of things to post, but I'm trying to catch up on laundry right now. Here's one funny thing that happened.

Savanna and Joel each got new hats in Canada. Joel used his own money to buy a really nice shearling bomber hat at a fancy leather/fur store in Banff. Savanna got a cute wool knit hat with an owl face and ears. One day as they were both wearing their new hats, I heard the following discussion:

Joel: My hat is so warm. I'm so glad I bought this hat. It is made of sheep.

Savanna: So, my hat is made of sheep, too.

Joel: My hat is leather and shearling. I mean it is actually made of sheep.

Savanna: Well, my hat is made of sheep, and sheep are made of yarn.

1 comment:

joshua gene said...

LOL, looks like you guys had fun. It's neat to see what you guys are up to. Josh