Tuesday, September 23, 2008

There are so many colors in the rainbow...

Another random old song, this time brought to you by Harry Chapin. It has been our theme for paint color selection.
"There are so many colors in the rainbow,
So many colors in the morning sun,
So many colors in the flowers,
So let's use every one."

It has been a little crazy at our house the last week. After the great room "Egyptian Nile" painting marathon, Mark and I rested for a few days, and then we began the basement painting marathon on Wednesday. The game room is a very, very deep red called "Chianti". It turned out so beautiful. Dark brown "Bear Rug" walls in the hallway lead to a deep "Provence" blue exercise room, bright "Turquoise Gem" laundry room, and a "Provence" blue bathroom, "Alluring Blue" bedroom for Abram, and, of course, a "Pooh Bear's Shirt" red bedroom for Jake. It is so fun to have lots of colors instead of our blah blah boring light yellowish white everywhere.

After we get Abram and Jake moved downstairs, we will paint the upstairs bedrooms one by one as we shuffle kids into new rooms. Also, the kitchen needs paint, I'm thinking "Crisp Celery," but that's probably going to be last. I really like painting. I've never done it before, but it's quite invigorating. I'm ready to tackle the upstairs bathrooms, too. I've got to hide the fact that we ever had such boring walls. I know that someday I will say, "What was I thinking?" as I try to cover up some of our colors, but for the next several years, I know I will love it.

I had piano movers come today and take our piano upstairs to the loft. That way it is still in the great room, but not in the way of people and furniture. It looks great up there.

The picture above is of the little treasure I found for our basement hallway. We needed wall sconces, and I had not seen anything I remotely liked until I found this one online last night. It is me, and I'm so excited for them to get here. We'll see how brave I am at installing light fixtures. I took the old ones all down, and I'm assuming hooking up the new ones will just be the reverse. I'm going to give it a whirl with the laundry room light later today and see if I have the magic touch.

The delivery guys are supposed to be here today with my washers and dryers. It is a happy day for Jill.

No comments: