Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Election Time

Joel's 4th grade class is holding elections for class President, Vice-President and Secretary. The job descriptions of each are quite nebulous, but the kids are taking it very seriously. Since Joel has a friend running for President, and Joel isn't sure what a Vice-President would do, he decided to run for Secretary. He has to give a speech at school on Friday before the class votes.

Here is the text of Joel's speech that I found on my computer this morning. He was working very hard on it, and I had to laugh when I got a chance to read it. If only politicians today could be as clear and honest.

Secretary Speech

My name is Joel. I am 9 years old. I am running for secretary. I come from the Republican Party. I would make an excellent secretary for the following reasons:

-I’ll make sure there’s enough time to finish up your work.
-I’ll answer the phone when I hear it ringing and Mr. Dietrich tells me that I can get it
-I’ll help you with your questions and writing
-I’ll make sure the teacher sees you when you are raising your hand
-I’ll make sure nobody is listing to their iPods and MP3’s or playing on their cell phone
-I am very organized
-I am very loving
-I like outdoors
-I am trustworthy
-I am responsible
-I am really serious
-I am such a nerd
-I am funny only at good times
-I love roller blading and riding my bike
-I am very playful
-I always say words like “thank you” “please” “you are welcome" " excuse me”
“Hello” “goodbye”
- I dislike the idea of killing birds
-I will make the class a better place even though it is already good
- I don’t make fun of people
- I don’t rub myself in people’s faces
- I encourage people
- I’m kid friendly
- I encourage
-I recycle
-I am friends with a lot of people. I get along with everyone.
- I am not a video game nerd
- I love school abcdefghijklmnopwqrstuvwxyz

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVED it. Wish we all could vote for Joel!

Tanya Dow said...

Found your blog - now I will stalk you! That was sooooo cute!

Batman Forever said...

Love it. I vote for Joel. I like how he says he's such a nerd. So cute.

Batman Forever said...

Hey you don't have a blog list. I can't check out your sisters.

nanadover said...

How cute is that! Joel has my vote!