Wednesday, October 8, 2008

We miss Jake

Jake has been at outdoor school this week. It is a ritual for all 6th graders here. He was very excited to go, but we really miss his big brown eyes. I hope he has been having fun, and I can't wait to hear his stories and see his pictures when he comes home Friday.

It has been a busy week around here, too. I spent the first half of the week calling nursuries and faxing a list of 40 different plants (about 500 total) we need to plant our yard this weekend. I ended up being able to get everything we need from only 3 nurseries. One delivered 150 plants this morning, and I picked up another load of about 150 today. Tomorrow I'm going to get the last 200, and then the fun begins. Our backyard is going to look amazing by Saturday night. The grass looks good right now, but it will look even better with its shrub and tree border.

The sad part of the nursery pick-up was I had to drive Mark's Excursion. It is a beast, but it was horrible because I had a trailer on the back. I stink at driving with trailers. I take corners too close, and I absolutely cannot back up. Even when I'm in reverse perfectly straight, the trailer always gets jack-knifed. As I was driving to the nursery this morning, I accidentally passed it. Sadly, it was on a 2-lane road so there was nothing I could do. I drove about 1/2 mile and took a left, and got to a 4 way intersection. It only took me about 10 minutes of back and forth and wheel-spinning to get the trailer and car u-turned and headed back to the nursery. It was worth it, though. I will post some pictures of all of the action later.

Meanwhile, I'm feeling about 90% better. I still have an ache in my gut, though. I can't decide if it is really something wrong, or just the anxiety of having to have a colonoscopy at the end of the month. I'm still hoping my problem was a one-time thing, however, the CT scan would suggest otherwise. 7 kids keeps me busy, so I don't have much time to think about it, though.

1 comment:

Batman Forever said...

Let's do my yard next. I need help and inspiration!