Thursday, October 16, 2008

A very polite boy

There are so many thing I love about Zack. One of them is that he ALWAYS says "Thank you." No matter what. If you give him a drink, or a crayon, or a cracker, or help him off of his barstool, he aways says, "Thanks!" I love to hear him be so appreciative. He has had good examples. Our older kids are very good at saying "thanks," too.

Completely unrelated, I had a very scary experience with Zack last night. I usually sleep through anything, except for kid noise. Mark, on the other hand, sleeps through nothing BUT kid noise. Fortunately our kids don't usually wake up in the night, but when they do, I can always hear them.

Last night I woke up to what I knew was Zacky crying. I listened for a minute and didn't hear anything, but I went to make sure he was OK. I got into his room, and he was not in his bed. He was not on the floor. He was not in Savanna's bed. I looked in the great room to see if he was on the couch. No Zacky. He wasn't anywhere! I started to panic, thinking he had walked out the front door or something. We usually have the front doors tied together so Zack can't get out, but the official dish towel was not tied around the door handles. So I woke up Mark. He couldn't find him, either. Next I headed upstairs. He was not in the loft or Aubrey's room, or the bathrooms, or Joel's and Noah's room. At last, I opened Abram's door and saw Zack snuggled up with Abram. I was so glad he was there, but it was so scary! I tend to have a runaway imagination.

I think Zack is getting molars right now, and they were bothering him all night. I would put him back in bed, and then 15 minutes later he would be out whimpering again. Something was really hurting him. I finally slept on the couch and he slept on the floor next to me. This morning he is back to the normal, crazy, happy, silly little monkey that I love.

4 comments:

Batman Forever said...

How scary. Does that mean your house is too big? That it takes you that long to find him? I hope he sleeps better tonight.

nanadover said...

Hi Jill,
I found your blog while "surfing". Very Cute!
Aren't kids great?! They keep us entertained at all hours of the day and night! I never had a house big enough to search very far, but I did lose one kid in the laundry room once in a pile of dirty clothes....fast asleep!
I hope Zack sleeps better tonight also! Take care!

Jill said...

I don't think it was so much that our house is too big as much as it was that my brain was working very slowly at 2:00 AM. For some reason I just didn't think about checking other people's beds. Usually when Zack wakes up he comes and wakes me up, too. For some reason he wanted Abram this time.

Lisa said...

That is so scary! Noah is still in his crib and has only climbed out once. The big bed scares me... Hope he is feeling better.