Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Stupid mail tricks

Sometimes my brain does not work very well. There are two times I have done not so smart things with packages.

First it was a few Christmases ago. We took the kids to Dollar Tree, and they each picked out gifts for my mom and dad. We wrapped them all up and put them in a big box to mail to Salt Lake. I took the box to the post office, and was relieved because it would arrive just before Christmas. The following day, I came home from somewhere, and we had a big box on our porch. The kids were excited to see whom it was from. Well, it turns out that I had sent my parents' Christmas presents to my own dang address. Such a bummer. They got their terrific Dollar Tree surprises a few days after Christmas.

Yesterday I felt like I should mail cookies to someone. So I mixed and I rolled and I baked and I frosted and I packaged. I even printed out a label from usps.com. I was all ready to go so they cookies could arrive the next day. And then I looked at my "guaranteed express mail" delivery date that said Wednesday, October 15th. It took me about 10 minutes to figure out what was going on. The post office was closed for Columbus Day. Duh! At least I saved myself the humiliation of actually driving to the post office and walking up to the locked door with my package.

That baking didn't go to waste, however. I needed cookies for tonight's youth activity, and so they get the day-old ones. I baked up some fresh cookies and mailed them off this morning.

No comments: