Friday, March 21, 2008

Albino no more!

This morning I did something I had never done before. I have been a little anxious (for those of you non-word-nerds, anxious is not the same thing as eager!) about my albino skin in the tropical sun in Belize. It would be generous to say I have "fair skin." I worry about the Central American sun baking my skin, so I thought I would give my epidermis a little head start. After dropping the kids off at school this morning, I stopped at the local "Jamaican Me Tan" despite my loathing of its name. I picked this spot due to its proximity, and also because they sell tans by the minute, rather than forcing you into a long-term commitment.

After 5 glorious minutes on the tanning bed, I emerged to find my skin a lovely shade of pink. I'm not looking for a Hawaiian Tropic tan, but I'm also hoping to not be the poster child for Coppertone Water Babies SPF 50.

We'll see how it goes. I still purchased the Costco pack of Neutrogena SPF 50 lotion when I was there last week. I know my skin can only take so much!

No comments: