Sunday, March 30, 2008

A really good book



I was cleaning out the bookshelf this week and I found our tattered old copy of this book. It's called, "The Children's Book of the Body." We bought it for Abram when he was 3, and it is absolutely the best book about the body for kids. Trust me--we looked at dozens. I'm not sure if you can find it new anymore, but there are plenty of used copies on amazon.

This book teaches kids about what is inside of our bodies, and how their bodies work, and it leaves out any mention of ..... I'll just say parts and functions they don't need to know about when they are so little.

I was glad to find this book to start reading with Savanna and Zack.

This book taught Abram so much when he was little. It lead to these kinds of intelligent statements coming from his mouth: "Hey, I can see your uvula!" and "Mom! I'm bleeding! It's a good thing for clotting factors."

All of our kids have loved this book.

No comments: