Sunday, March 30, 2008

A random memory

I was remembering this past week one of the funny (and dang smart) things Abram said when he was about 3. If anyone doesn't know Abram, he has always soaked up any scientific knowledge that came his way. This inluded the DK Eyewitness books when he was tiny.

At the time this happened, Abram had been loving ocean life. We had read books about whales and sharks. We were visiting at my Mom's house, and I heard this conversation:

Abram: Hey, Uncle Jeff, do you want to play?

Jeff: Sure, Abram.

Abram: You be the whale, and I'll be the shark (handing Jeff a whale toy).

Jeff: You'd better watch out. I'm going to eat you! (Jeff's whale toy makes a lunge for Abram's shark toy).

Abram: Jeff, whales don't eat sharks. Whales eat phytoplankton!

No comments: